When you decide to try eyelash extensions for the first time, we realize you’ll have lots of questions, maybe even a few concerns. And of course, there’s what to do to keep them looking fabulous long after your salon visit. So here’s our guide through the process…..
How long does it take?
The procedure can take anywhere from 30 minutes for a refill to just over an hour for a full set – we have detailed it on our lash menu
How safe is it?
The procedure is completely safe and non invasive – the lashes are applied to each individual eyelash and never in contact with the skin.
Where does the treatment take place?
On a comfortable treatment beds – many clients take a nap, others prefer to listen to music or an audio book. Whatever your choice it is very relaxing.
How long do lashes last?
If cared for properly, eyelash extensions can last up to 6 to 8 weeks. We will supply aftercare advice following your treatment. There are natural products that we believe in and recommend as well to help keep your natural lashes healthy and strong.
What about maintenance?
Your natural lashes typically turn over every 45 to 60 days on average. We recommend coming in every 2 to 3 weeks for maintenance – similar to getting your nails done.
What about wearing mascara?
Not before your treatment, to ensure better adhesions. You can wear after. We recommend after 24 hours a water based mascara, as waterproof or oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions Use a water based eye makeup remover.
What about swimming?
The adhesive is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. We do recommend however that you do not wash your eye area for about 12- 24 hours after the eyelash application. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low.
How will they look?
Apart from fabulous? You will not feel that you are wearing them and nobody will be able to tell that they are not naturally your own – unless of course you want them to.
How do I care for my new extensions?
- Be gentle with your lashes. No touching, rubbing, water, sweat, or steam for 24 hours.
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid oily products (including some sunscreen products) on or near your lashes.
- If you insist on mascara, only use water based mascara and apply it middle to tip avoiding root area.
- Use water based eye makeup remover only!
- Do not perm or curl your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping on your new eyelashes.
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely) – If you want them removed, please come back. A special removal agent is used that will protect your natural lashes. Maintain extensions with regular touch up appointments
If we haven’t covered your concern or query here, then feel free to contact us.